Friday, May 3, 2013

Blog Post #15 Final Reflection


When I become a teacher, I want to teach somewhere around 1st-3rd grade. I would love to teach math but any subject will do. I want to use the Whole Brain Teaching style and Flipping the Classroom. I would do a lot of work online so that no one could be left behind and there would be no excuses. Technology would be used in our normal daily routine. Games and projects would be in our daily schedules. I will still expect a lot of my students because I know if I don't expect much out of them they will not strive to be as smart and talented as they are. I know everyone is capable of more than they realize so when you expect more they will surprise you.
My class would be fun, thought provoking, and cause students to want to learn even beyond what we do in the classroom. In my classroom we would use project based learning. We will spend most of the classroom time to review, practice, and help the students that are having the most problems. All review work and future work can be done online on our class website. Videos will be used to help those who need more help the children that are progressing fast than other can be given harder work to do while the attention is given to the ones that are in more need of help.
My class will not be a normal class with only pencil and paper. We will have all the technology that we could use at our finger tips. My students will use computers, Blogger and Youtube to keep up with all the work that we will be doing in class. All of this technology can also help parents be able to keep up with what is going on in the classroom at all times, even when they are not there. Technology is always growing so, as teachers, we have to keep up with it so that we are not doing our students a disadvantage. We have to prepare them to be comfortable with whatever technology comes their way. Our students will encounter technology that hasn’t even been thought of yet, so we have to get them ready to take it on. .
My students will work in groups, depending on what we are doing. Centers will be used in our classrooms to give students different areas of problem solving and working together. Students have to learn to work with others to strive for a common goal. They will also work as individuals so they can become independent learners and not have to depend on others to tell them what to do. We will use the Smart Board daily for lessons and interactive games. My room will not be like anything I grew up with. That ship has sailed and there is no going back to the way teaching used to be.

1 comment:

  1. I just published an Electric Daisy Carnival Review on my site Travel Hymns. I love your content here and started following you, hope you follow or link back too! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete