Saturday, March 2, 2013

Project #9


My PLN:
When I started reading about a PLN I was a little worried if I was prepared enough. I have never heard of a Personal Learning Network before. Then, as I watched the videos Dr. Strange gave us, I became more comfortable with this idea. I have begun the journey to create a PLN by using Symbaloo. As I continue to learn and grow I can continue to add to this collection in a more organized way. I began following several of the people suggested on Twitter. I have come to the realization that I have more connections then I realized. I am close with a lot of teachers. My mom teaches at the high school I graduated from. I go to church with several teachers. I work at a preschool and daycare, so I come into contact with teachers on a daily basis. I have connections everywhere, along with all the connections that are possible on the internet through Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Blogger and all the other resources that are out there. Although I already have some connections, I need to make sure I become connected with the best of the best. I have realized that we, as teachers, don't have to know every answer to every question but we need to have someone on our PLN that does have the answer. Although all of these connections are available, I have to make sure I take advantage of them. Creating a PLN in place now will help me when I need them later. Why wait?

No comments:

Post a Comment