Wednesday, April 24, 2013

C4T

Feb 20th My Comment on Teachernz: I am a student in EDM 310 at University of South Alabama. I have never heard anything about the Sixth Sense. After watching the Ted video I am very curious. I think that kind of technology could be very helpful. In reality, I don't think people will wear something of that size around their neck all the time. In my opinion it is not very realistic. Maybe if the product was smaller people would be more interested. I think in the future with some appearance changes it might be more appealing to buyers. March 1st My comment to Teachernz: My name is Jennifer Whitley and I am a student at University of South Alabama in EDM 310. I think a "Paperless Day" would be a very good idea to get the students out of their normal routine of paper and pencil. I believe this should happen very often. In the pictures, you can see the students are very engaged in all the activities they are given. I have never thought about bringing a cell phone in the class so they could learn how to bluetooth.That is a interesting idea. Doc Horse Tales
Joseph McCaleb recieved his PH.D at University of Texas with emphasis in English and rhetorical studies. He is the director of UMCP, which is focused on digital media.
My comment to Joseph McCaleb:
My name is Jennifer Whitley. I am from EDM 310 at University of South Alabama. I never realized how important having a PLN was until I started taking this class. I have come to the realization, as a future teacher, that without a PLN I would have to come up with every lesson plan myself with no help and hope my approach is good enough to engage the students. I am now building my PLN. I know I don't have all the answers and I can't be expected to have all of them but I do have all the resources I could even need at my finger tips. Why waste the technology? I would be doing myself and my students an injustice. I can learn from people that have been teaching for years. April 13th William Chamberlain teaches sixth grade at Noel Elementary school in Noel, Missouri. My comment to Mr. C: My name is Jennifer Whitley. I am from University of South Alabama in EDM 310. I really liked this video. It makes me think about how the teaching world is today. When a newer teacher wants to try something new in their classrooms, instead of the cookie cutter way, people are set back by it. They are scared of the idea of something new and unknown but as they test the waters with the new teacher more people see their accomplishments and want to join. As teachers we have to take a chance and come up with new ideas and stop following the same boring routine. Get out of the box and try something new and that could be in any area in our lives. April 17th He is a Chief Storyteller in room 304 at Waukee Middle School in Waukee, IA.He listens to, learns from, and provides feedback for sixty-five 11-and-12-year-old storytellers-in-training. My comment to Russ Goerend: I am Jennifer Whitley from University of South Alabama in EDM 310. I have actually never heard the term "dogfooding." As I kept reading I understood what you were talking about. We should never give our students something to work on that we would not even try ourselves. We should always be open to new technology. We should never discourage a student from using a certain product but some products are better for other people. It just depends on the person and what it will be used for. It is a fantastic I for product owners to do this, so they will get truthful feedback in the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment